By David Scott
Boston Sports Media
• I think The Shirl is planning on inviting Aaron Rodgers over for the Scott Family Seder tonight. He’s gonna be sitting around for a while, might as well have some gefilte fish, right?
• The Shots EvBlog is once again breaking new ground by presenting the complete recipe for the aforementioned Parchman Frito Pie for any one is battling a bout of Draft Day Hungry. Our thanks to lone Detroit reader, Daddy Dan Wetzel:
Recipe for Frito Pie for all of New England (or as much as reads Shots, which should constitute a few of the New England States)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
* 3 cups Fritos corn chips
* 3/4 cup chopped onion
* 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
* 2-1/2 cups chili
Spread 2 cups of Fritos in a baking dish. Sprinkle half the onion and half the cheese over the Fritos. Pour the chili over the onion and cheese. Sprinkle the remaining Fritos, onion and cheese over the chili. (The simplicity is what we like so much.)
Bake for 15 or 20 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Serve hot (and in Frito bag, if possible without melting toxic wrapper).
Says Chef Wetzel: “This is stuff is fantastic and while eating it should be noted that as much hype as Odessa “Friday Night Lights” Permian gets, when Benson and Parchman were at Midland Lee, they won three consecutive Texas 5A state titles and whipped Permian four consecutive years.”
• Recipes, Draft Day Humor AND regular updates on the Kiper Make-up Meter? You’ve got to be kidding me that someone wouldn’t pay good money for this gold?
• Would it have been too much to ask ESPN.com to offer up a Draft Day Blog from one of its Page 2 geniuses? Maybe Eric Neelcould offer the riveting insight he brought to the table for his St. Louis Final Four laugher. . . Unsolicited Neel shot: About four hours in on the blog and fatigue is becoming a factor for Shots. We will forge on through No. 32. I assure you.
• All you haters trying to say Suzy K is annoying are clearly off base. I will defend her to my dying day.
• The NFL.com Draft Blog at http://www.nfl.com/draft/features/blog has not been updated since Tuesday – how embarrassing is that? Just take the page down all together, would you please?
• Did anyone else think the “Craft Corner Death Match” on Style network ad was a complete spoof ad? Or did everyone else just ignore it entirely?
• The long-awaited (by someone) Second season of Boston Sports Guy’s cartoon seems to have been pushed back from “Coming this April” to “Coming this Spring.” Let’s pray he’s having creative differences that will lead to something worthwhile.
• Shots had the chance to speak with Cleveland kicker Phil Dawson and we got his thoughts on the new head man in Cleveland, Romeo Crennel. Here’s his first impressions: “He demands respect. I don’t even know the guy but I respect him already. He walks into the room and starts telling you of his vision and his philosophy and his attitude towards things. He knows where he wants to go and how he wants to get there and as a player that’s exactly what I want in a head coach. Obviously any time there’s a change, there’s optimism, but I think this is legitimate. The successes he’s had elsewhere speak for themselves. I’ve been very impressed and I look forward to playing for him.”
Well said. But then again, he’s a kicker – they always say the right things. Unless they’re a Janikowski.